Sunday, July 6, 2008

Twas the Night Before Purse Packing!!


It was Wednesday, July 2, 2008...and as I went to bed I had the packing of 50 purses on my mind for the next day. So here we were, Lois and I....at the United Center in Chicago...yes the same one the Bulls and Blackhawks play at. Lois was sitting at a little table (just like the one I bought my daughter, Karissa for doing manicures at) checking all the people in who came to pack purses. Only problem...we only had 50 purses to pack and only items for 50 purses.
All the people (
12,000 of them) who were showing up had nothing to pack or pack in...they all came empty-handed. I kept going over by happy Lois at her little table ...covering up my microphone (one of those big plastic ones my kids had when they were little) so no one could hear and saying "How did we advertise for this event since so many are showing up?" She ignored me and smiling from ear to ear just kept on registering more people. I took the first 50 people into one section on the floor of the United Center for purse packing. The rest I took to section 111 which is a section I know from going to the Women of Faith Conferences every year as good seats to see from. With my plastic microphone in hand I told the 11,950 of them that their job was to pray!! And that they had the most important job in all of this purse packing event. I woke up in a scare and sweat...Thanking God that it was only a dream...come back tomorrow for the details of actual exciting event!

No comments: